Submission of Articles
All manuscripts are to be submitted online and must be prepared in accordance with the following instructions.
The preferred length of submissions for regular research articles is between 5,000 -8,000 words. However, submissions shorter or longer than this may still be considered. .Authors submitting a manuscript do so on the understanding that if it is accepted for publication, exclusive license of the article shall be granted to JIHAAD.
- The title should be concise and informative.
- JIHAAD.org reserves the right to change or modify the title as we see fit.
- The name(s) of the author(s)
- See the Publishing Tutorial for instructions on adding multiple authors to a submission.
Please provide 4 to 6 keywords which can be used for indexing purposes.
Footnotes & Citations
The list of references should only include works that are cited in the text and that have been published or accepted for publication. Personal communications and unpublished works should only be mentioned in the text.
Footnotes should be kept to a minimum, indicated by superscript figures in the text. Citations in the text should use the Harvard System of short references (e.g. Isenman, 1980, pp. 66-7; Brown, 1975A, 1993B) with a full alphabetical list at the end in the following style:
- Isenman, P. 1980. Basic needs: the case of Sri Lanka, World Development , vol. 8, no. 3, 237-58
- Myrdal, G. 1939. Monetary Equilibrium , London, Hodge
- Phillips, A.W.H. 1953. ‘Dynamic Models in Economics’, PhD Thesis, University of London
- All tables must be numbered using Arabic numerals.
- Tables should always be cited in text in consecutive numerical order.
- For each table, please supply a table caption (title) explaining the components of the table.
- Identify any previously published material by giving the original source in the form of a reference at the end of the table caption.
- Footnotes to tables should be indicated by superscript lower-case letters (or asterisks for significance values and other statistical data) and included beneath the table body.
Acknowledgments of people, grants, funds, etc. should be placed at the bottom of the page after the conclusion. The names of funding organizations should be written in full.